Soil Health Academy Scholarship Program
The primary goal of the Soil Health Academy Scholarship Program is to inspire, 正规nba买球app排行, and equip both current and future generations of regenerative farmers, 农场主, and educators by providing scholarships to subsidize their tuition to attend a Soil Health Academy.
The scholarship program is supported through generous donations. If you are interested in applying to more than one scholarship, you do not need to fill out multiple forms. Look for the box on the application that you fill out that allows you to be considered for additional scholarships.
The SHA Scholarship
We encourage anyone with interest to apply. If you want to attend one of our 3-day events, you are eligible for a scholarship and we encourage you to apply. In addition we will be giving special consideration to the following:
- Next-generation family farmers and 农场主 who have parents who are involved in agriculture
- 学生, 实习生, and beginning farmers who are keenly interested in a career in regenerative agriculture
- Military veterans currently involved in agriculture or who are interested in becoming involved in regenerative agriculture. Must be a former or active member of the U.S. military to apply for this category
- Educators with a desire to provide regenerative agricultural instruction to the next generation of farmers, 农场主 or agriculture professionals. Applicants may include USDA, 美国核管理委员会, Extension and other USDA personnel, 公司顾问, state conservation/ag agency personnel, and non-profit organization (NGO) personnel
- Families and Farms that want to send more than one person
- 少数民族, 部落, 女性, and historically underserved individuals who are currently involved in agriculture or who have an interest in go down this path
The 坎德拉布兰德 SHA Scholarship
Soil health and regenerative agriculture pioneer, 坎德拉布兰德, alongside her husband David Brandt, raised their children with respect and honor, were vital members of their community and beyond, and dedicated their lives to helping others regenerate our soils, our ecosystems and ultimately our health.
In memory of 坎德拉布兰德, the Soil Health Academy now offers scholarships to qualifying 女性 and/or new and beginning farmers who are committed to growing the regenerative agriculture movement by implementing regenerative principles in their own operations or through regenerative agriculture education, outreach or policy advocacy.
坎德拉布兰德 奖学金 provide partial tuition funding for recipients to attend a three-day SHA regenerative ag school and will be awarded based on the applicant’s brief narrative describing how she/he intends to advance the cause of regenerative agriculture on her/his farm and community, if selected to receive the scholarship.
Past SHA Student Scholarship
We believe that it is important to continue learning and networking, so we have put together a scholarship program for our past students that want to come back to learn more.
In order to be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must have attended a three-day Soil Health Academy in the past.
"Thanks to the scholarship I was able to attend the school and because of that I am confident about ranching without harming the environment and being more profitable. Recently, I leased a ranch where I am going to practice everything I learned. I hope that my neighbors can copy what I’ve learned so many people can do the same regenerating soils.”
~ 安德烈斯加利西亚语, Colombia, South America